- How and when did you come to Sutherland?
I started with Sutherland in September 2013. I just walked up to the front desk, asked how to apply, and followed the instructions. About a week later, I got a call and here I am 3+ years later!
- What gets you up in the morning? No, not your dog or alarm….but what really drives you to get up and give your best each day?
I have an internal alarm. I can’t sleep past 5am. I also just have that mind-set that whatever you do, you should give it your best.
- Tell us something about Sutherland or your role specifically that others may not know.
Well, what others might not know is that my job description is about 40% of my actual day-to-day activities
- So far in your career at Sutherland, what are your top three most important accomplishments?
My top accomplishments are being the recipient of two Platinum Awards, and being given the opportunity to work in a capacity to support all site programs, which allows for growth and self/professional development. Also, if I could sum up all the praises and recognitions received from senior management regarding my performance that would be the third. They are very encouraging and give a feeling of accomplishment.
- Who at Sutherland has made the biggest impact on your career and why?
I would say my direct Manager, Orville Pellington. He trained me for my current role, and watching his growth and development has really inspired me to do that and more.
- What would be your advice to someone who wants to work in your position at Sutherland?
There will be low points, but you have to be determined that no matter what the obstacle you will overcome it.
- What makes Sutherland stand out from your previous employer(s)?
Sutherland is my first full-time employer and is overall a great place to work!
- What do you love most about your role at Sutherland?
I love the challenging nature of Work Force Management. I’m a natural problem solver. That’s just how my brain is wired I guess. Seeing a problem and finding creative ways to resolve it is something I love doing.
- Which country that Sutherland operates in would you most like to visit and why?
Well, I would like to visit the Philippines (Cam Sur). While with my previous program, I made many friends there and have great memories working together. PS. I hope you all see this!
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received at work or in life?
I have received a lot of positive advice but the one that comes to mind is “what’s meant for you will be yours”. What I take from that is to not be disappointed if things don’t work out at first, just continue striving and giving it your best and your door will eventually open.
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
Holding a top position in Management within the company of course. I absolutely love working here!
- What do you do outside of work?
Ok, this is where I tell about my inner nerd. I play dominoes and play Pokemon Go.
- What three words best describe you?
The three words that best describe me are awesome, hardworking, and all around great guy!
- What are your favorite snacks or food to bring to work?
I don’t really snack, but I have an orange juice pretty much every day.
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
I would like to be able to fly. Then I could float to work and wave to my minions and fans.