- How and when did you come to Sutherland?
I came to Sutherland 3 years ago after working in the telecom industry for 10+ years. I came in excited to join the insurance industry.
- How did you react when you found out you were a top referrer?
I was not surprised, because I try to bring in talented candidates who have similar work ethics as mine.
- What qualities do you look for when identifying people to REFER?
I look for people who are dedicated, value themselves, and willing to bring their A game in all situations.
- How do you ensure that your referrals complete their applications?
I don’t. If they are dedicated, then they know this is part of the process. My referral is not a handout, but an opportunity for them to start a career.
- So far in your career at Sutherland, what are your top three most important accomplishments?
I have been on three successful programs and in my most recent positon, I am proud to say that I’m meeting performance standards.
- What do you enjoy most about working at Sutherland?
I enjoy the flexibility and the opportunities that Sutherland lends its employees. I love people so I enjoy working in a team environment.
- What is your best personality trait? What makes you unique?
I love to learn so I always look for opportunities to learn new things. I developed a book club in my team, so we read together and share our thoughts on the book as a part of our huddles. Books we have read so far include “How Successful People Think” and “Sometimes you Win Sometimes You Learn,” both by John c. Maxwell.
- What is the best advice you have ever received at work or in life?
The best advice I have received is that I cannot change it all but I can create positive influence.
- What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
I love the beach, and I love to read and to cook.
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
In 5 years, I envision myself being in a Director role.
Meet our Author!
By Shaunté Thompson- Henry Shaunté is a Candidate Experience Specialist at Sutherland and she has been a part of the Sutherland Team since November 2014. She has years of experience in Business Administration and is currently pursuing Business Management studies at the Heriott-Watt University. Outside of work, she enjoys comedic movies and relaxing trips to the beach. Her mantra is “You are what you repeatedly think, do and say. Think of excellence and be excellent”