- How and when did you come to Sutherland?
I was referred to Sutherland by another employee who still works here. I started at Sutherland back in September 2015.
- How did you react when you found out you were a top referrer?
I was shocked and a little confused. I had one of my team members re-read it with me to make sure I was reading it right.
- What qualities do you look for when identifying people to REFER?
I look for people with strong work ethics, excellent customer service skills, and the willingness to work as a team player.
- How do you ensure that your referrals complete their applications?
I check on my referrals often. Most of them are previous coworkers, so we contact each other by phone and Facebook.
- So far in your career at Sutherland, what are your top three most important accomplishments?
My top three most important accomplishments are being dual-skilled, floor support, and being recognized as a team player.
- What do you enjoy most about working at Sutherland?
I enjoy the ability to be yourself at work by decorating your desk.
- What is your best personality trait? What makes you unique?
My best personality trait is being a leader. What makes me unique is I love to help people. If I know my assistance is needed, whether it’s here or on the phones, I stop what I am doing and attend to that specific need. I like to make sure new people get the help they need when they come to the floor.
- What is the best advice you have ever received at work or in life?
Interview for a career and not just a job.
- What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
Outside of work, I enjoy eating and spending time with my husband and my girls. Also, it’s not really outside of work because I am always working at my second job.
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
In 5 years, I see myself being in my career choice, which is being a juvenile probation officer. I’ve always wanted to help the youth because I was a troubled kid, and I know what it feels like to have a rough childhood and not be able to enjoy life.
Meet our Author!
By Shaunté Thompson- Henry Shaunté is a Candidate Experience Specialist at Sutherland and she has been a part of the Sutherland Team since November 2014. She has years of experience in Business Administration and is currently pursuing Business Management studies at the Heriott-Watt University. Outside of work, she enjoys comedic movies and relaxing trips to the beach. Her mantra is “You are what you repeatedly think, do and say. Think of excellence and be excellent”