- How and when did you come to Sutherland?
I started at Sutherland on October 17, 2014. I submitted my resume to a recruiter and was referred to Sutherland for an interview. Four days later, I received an offer of employment.
- How did you react when you found out you were a top referrer?
I was definitely surprised. I had no idea, but I am deeply honored!
- What qualities do you look for when identifying people to REFER?
The qualities I look for are whether they are dependable, trustworthy, loyal, flexible, a good worker, and a team player. I believe these qualities are important when working in a service provider environment.
- How do you ensure that your referrals complete their applications?
I follow up with them after their resume has been submitted to make sure they go online and apply. I encourage them to contact the recruiter to follow up as well.
- So far in your career at Sutherland, what are your top three most important accomplishments?
My top three accomplishments are graduating college with my Master’s Degree in Business Administration, changing from a period to weekly P&L production, and learning to adapt quickly to change and taking that opportunity to sharpen my skills.
- What do you enjoy most about working at Sutherland?
There is a team spirit here at Sutherland that I have not previously experienced. Sutherland has a focus of appreciating their employees through programs such as REFER and Extra Mile.
- What is your best personality trait? What makes you unique?
My best personality traits are loyalty and dependability. I am loyal to my relationships with my family, friends, and coworkers. They all know they can depend on me in any situation and if I am unable to answer their question, I will search and find an answer.
- What is the best advice you have ever received at work or in life?
Always finish what you start, because you never know who is watching. Know the why behind the what.
- What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
I enjoy spending time with my kids (ages 14, 19, 27, 29) and watching them grow and excel in everything they do. I also enjoy going to church, hanging out with my friends, and helping people in the community when and where I can.
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
Answering this question is sometimes hard because change is inevitable. However, I see myself continuing to pursue my career and always finding ways to better myself and broaden my horizons.
Meet our Author!
By Shaunté Thompson- Henry Shaunté is a Candidate Experience Specialist at Sutherland and she has been a part of the Sutherland Team since November 2014. She has years of experience in Business Administration and is currently pursuing Business Management studies at the Heriott-Watt University. Outside of work, she enjoys comedic movies and relaxing trips to the beach. Her mantra is “You are what you repeatedly think, do and say. Think of excellence and be excellent”