1. How and when did you come to Sutherland?
I found Sutherland at a veteran job fair that I went to with my dad. My dad and the Recruiter for Sutherland knew each other from a job they worked at together and I kept in contact with her. I was hired July 2016.
2. How did you react when you found out you were a top referrer?
I was shocked when I saw I was a top referrer and did not know that something like that existed.
3. What qualities do you look for when identifying people to REFER?
I look for reliability and responsibility, and someone that I know can keep a job longer than 6 months!
4. How do you ensure that your referrals complete their applications?
I stay in contact with them and ask if they have questions or concerns with the process, and ask if they are seriously looking for a job.
5. So far in your career at Sutherland, what are your top three most important accomplishments?
So far, I would say being a top performer in training, coming out to production after 1 month I was on the stack rank for a bonus, and getting very comfortable with the systems and can navigate them well now.
6. What do you enjoy most about working at Sutherland?
I enjoy the flexibility and fun environment the people around me bring.
7. What is your best personality trait? What makes you unique?
I think my best trait is always making people happy. I’m a very caring person and I like when others around me are happy too. What makes me unique is that I have likes from girly things to tomboy type things.
8. What is the best advice you have ever received at work or in life?
The best advice I have received is to not overthink things.
9. What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
I like to sing, dance, play drums, and spend time with my family and son.
10. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I see myself in a different position within Sutherland, hopefully in a higher-up position where I can continue to get many opportunities to grow.
Meet our Author!
By Shaunté Thompson- Henry Shaunté is a Candidate Experience Specialist at Sutherland and she has been a part of the Sutherland Team since November 2014. She has years of experience in Business Administration and is currently pursuing Business Management studies at the Heriott-Watt University. Outside of work, she enjoys comedic movies and relaxing trips to the beach. Her mantra is “You are what you repeatedly think, do and say. Think of excellence and be excellent”