An interview is not just a one way street where the interviewer is trying to gain insight into whether or not you are the best person for that position. An interview is the time for you to figure out if this is the best position within the best company for you. Depending on which phase of the interview process it is, this should help shape the types of questions you ask when it’s your turn. Here is a list of potential questions to ask during the pre-screen/phone interview phase.
- What do you see ahead for your company in the next five years?
- What are the most important elements of this job?
- What was it about my qualifications that you found most appealing?
- What are the main factors you will be using to determine who the right person for this position is?
- What role will I fill?
- Why does this role matter to the growth of the company?
- What is a typical day or week like in this position?
These are just some suggestions and should help point you in the right direction while you are creating your own list of questions to ask.