1. How did you react when you found out about your promotion?
I was actually pretty calm but on the inside I was super excited and grateful.
2. Who is the one person that you couldn’t wait to share the news with?
3. What do you enjoy most about your new title or responsibilities?
I enjoy that I play a more involved part in providing people with an opportunity to work for such a great company.
4. How do you feel this promotion will affect your work relationships?
I’ve always had a pleasant relationship with my team and I’m glad to see that hasn’t changed at all so far, doubt that it will. We’ve all been supportive of one another, especially in moments of growth.
5. If you could be Batman or Robin, which one would you be and why?
Batman, because his costume is cooler and it would be awesome to have that husky voice lol.
6. What’s a piece of advice you’d like to offer to our new hires that could help them grow and advance within Sutherland?
Be open to learning all that you can. Network and maintain a positive relationship with your co-workers and superiors and try go the extra mile early and often.
7. What three accomplishments are you most proud of since your start with Sutherland? Big or small, every accomplishment counts!
I’ve been promoted three times since working with Sutherland, and I’ve been extremely proud every time.
8. Who at Sutherland has made the biggest impact on your career and why?
Odetta Rockhead, our country head. She has consistently been a source of motivation since the inception of Sutherland in Jamaica. Her words have always moved me to strive harder, and definitely made me believe that Sutherland was a great company to grow with and foster a career.
9. Tell us your story. How did you join Sutherland Global?
I started working at Sutherland from its inception here in Jamaica. I was a part of the Earn While You Learn program, where I was allowed to go to school FT while working, the opportunity to work and go to school, was such a blessing and a life saver for me at the time.
Meet our Author!
By Amber Kukiela| Amber is the Candidate Experience Specialist for Sutherland Global Services. She has a diverse background in marketing and has worked with Welch Allyn Inc. and the New York Family Business Center. She is a recent graduate of Le Moyne College where she majored in Business Marketing and minored in Philosophy and Art Administration. During her time at Le Moyne, she was a sprinter and high jumper for the NCAA track and field team. Since then, she has been running in 5k races around the Central NY area. When not running, she dabbles in photography, painting, and illustrating. She also enjoys baking and cooking and uses her coworkers as taste testers.