- How did you react when you found out about your promotion?
I was quite thrilled! It had been my goal for a while, and the confidence it gave me was quite gratifying.
- Who is the one person that you couldn’t wait to share the news with?
I couldn’t wait to share the news with my wife.
- What do you enjoy most about your new title or responsibilities?
I enjoy the flexibility of being able to get things done without time limits. Also, I enjoy being able to have a greater impact on overall program success.
- How do you feel this promotion will affect your work relationships?
I think like the impact has been positive. I feel more connected to my peers now.
- If you could be Batman or Robin, which one would you be and why?
I would be Batman! I feel like everyone wants to be the planner and decision maker.
- What’s a piece of advice you’d like to offer to our new hires that could help them grow and advance within Sutherland?
Attitude counts as much as performance.
- What three accomplishments are you most proud of since your start with Sutherland? Big or small, every accomplishment counts!
Well, they would be my promotion, being able to help reorganize nesting in my program, and helping with training.
- Who at Sutherland has made the biggest impact on your career and why?
Ed Johnson has made the biggest impact on my career. He was a constant mentor and advocate.
- Tell us your story. How did you join Sutherland?
I was interested in learning more about computers, and for personal reasons, I needed to work from home, so it was the perfect fit.
- When away from the office, what are your favorite activities or hobbies?
I love reading and kendo.
- What three words best describe you?
Energetic, detail oriented, and adaptable.
- What are your favorite snacks or food to bring to work? Could be a meal or something as small as a granola bar. Let us know what gives you energy to be successful each day!
I am actually a pretty skilled chef. I love all sorts of fancy cooking. One of my favorite aspects of working from home is the opportunity it gives me to use my own kitchen.
Meet our Author!
By Amber Kukiela| Amber is the Candidate Experience Specialist for Sutherland. She has a diverse background in marketing and has worked with Welch Allyn Inc. and the New York Family Business Center. She is a recent graduate of Le Moyne College where she majored in Business Marketing and minored in Philosophy and Art Administration. During her time at Le Moyne, she was a sprinter and high jumper for the NCAA track and field team. Since then, she has been running in 5k races around the Central NY area. When not running, she dabbles in photography, painting, and illustrating. She also enjoys baking and cooking and uses her coworkers as taste testers.