- How long have you been working at Sutherland and what job were you doing when you first started?
Today is the one-year anniversary of my employment with Sutherland. Before my promotion, I was a Customer Service Representative.
- What did you do to earn this promotion?
I worked hard to excel at serving the client’s customers and ensuring that my product knowledge is as high as I can manage it.
- How did you respond when you received the news of your promotion?
I was thrilled!
- Who is the one person in your life that you couldn’t wait to share the news with?
My mom… she has been pushing me since I was little to do everything in my life at the highest level of achievement possible.
- What do you like most about your new role?
I like being able to make changes and assist members on a larger scale, whereas before I was assisting members one at a time.
- What is one piece of advice you would give to new hires to help them grow within Sutherland?
Ask questions. If you don’t know what’s important, ask. If there’s something you’re unsure on, ask. Asking questions and being proactive is the only way you will get the knowledge and assistance you need to succeed.
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
I see myself in medical school… hopefully!
- What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
I play the drums in the game Rock Band on expert.
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
I would like to be able to travel through time… is that a superpower?
- If you could be any fictional character, who would you be and why?
I would like to be Meredith Grey… she’s got it all figured out!
Meet our Author!
By Amber Kukiela| Amber is the Candidate Experience Specialist for Sutherland Global Services. She has a diverse background in marketing and has worked with Welch Allyn Inc. and the New York Family Business Center. She is a recent graduate of Le Moyne College where she majored in Business Marketing and minored in Philosophy and Art Administration. During her time at Le Moyne, she was a sprinter and high jumper for the NCAA track and field team. Since then, she has been running in 5k races around the Central NY area. When not running, she dabbles in photography, painting, and illustrating. She also enjoys baking and cooking and uses her coworkers as taste testers.