- How and when did you come to Sutherland?
I began working at Sutherland in October 2009. I was a consultant for five years in various programs, then I moved up into a coach position for one year, then was promoted to Team Manager a year and half ago.
- What gets you up in the morning? No, not your dog or alarm….but what really drives you to get up and give your best each day?
I want each of my team members to be successful, so being there to coach them, seeing them achieve their goals, and finding the confidence to continue with success is what drives me.
- So far in your career at Sutherland, what are your top three most important accomplishments?
The top three most important accomplishments I have received in my career with Sutherland would be:
- Successfully completing two courses with the Ontario Apprenticeship Program for IT Contact Center in 2011 and 2013
- Winning the People’s Platinum Award for Employee of the Month in March 2012
- Winning the Platinum Award for Leadership in April 2017
- Who at Sutherland has made the biggest impact on your career and why?
Two people in particular have made a big impact on my career with Sutherland, Tamara Gawne and Rachelle Dubois. Both have positively encouraged and coached me throughout my 7 ½ years here.
Tamara was my Team Manager when I came out of training and she always made time to answer all my questions, and helped me understand the system and the process of resolving customer issues as well as selling. Early in my career I had doubt that this was the place for me, but with Tamara`s positive attitude she was always able to show me my potential. She is still someone I still reach out to if I have questions.
Rachelle Dubois was also my Team Manager over the years and now is my Senior Team Manager. She encouraged me to take the step into a coach’s role with a nesting group a few years ago. That experience had a very positive effect on my thoughts of moving up in the company. I was able to encourage more and more people to stay and look at Sutherland as a career and not just a job, but also something to look forward to and the positive effects that we can have on our customers. Rachelle encouraged me to apply for the position of Team Manager, as well as my fellow coworkers, so with all the positive feedback, I took the leap and here I am one year later as Team Manager.
- What makes Sutherland stand out from your previous employers?
What makes Sutherland stand out from my previous employers is that Sutherland offers full benefits and commission to its employees. Sutherland gives back to the community through donations to various organizations, and employees are big part of that through fund raising events.
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received at work or in life?
Never give up. Keep trying and have confidence in yourself and you will be successful.
- What do you do outside of work?
Outside of work, I enjoy traveling and gardening.
- What three words best describe you?
The three words that best describe me are trustworthy, humble, and patient.
Meet our Author!
By Amber Kukiela| Amber is the Candidate Experience Specialist for Sutherland. She has a diverse background in marketing and has worked with Welch Allyn Inc. and the New York Family Business Center. She is a recent graduate of Le Moyne College where she majored in Business Marketing and minored in Philosophy and Art Administration. During her time at Le Moyne, she was a sprinter and high jumper for the NCAA track and field team. Since then, she has been running in 5k races around the Central NY area. When not running, she dabbles in photography, painting, and illustrating. She also enjoys baking and cooking and uses her coworkers as taste testers.