- How and when did you come to Sutherland?
I came to Sutherland a little over a year ago, in May 2016. Alex Beevers called me for an interview that went well and I got an offer a week or so later.
- What gets you up in the morning? No, not your dog or alarm….but what really drives you to get up and give your best each day?
Integrity is what drives me. I believe in doing the best job I can do each day.
- Tell us something about Sutherland or your role specifically that others may not know.
For as much hands-on work I do, I have a ton of paperwork to follow up on daily.
- So far in your career at Sutherland, what are your top three most important accomplishments?
My top three most important accomplishments are participating in the build out of the second half of our building, seeing a program floor completed and in use, and training the Facilities team.
- Who at Sutherland has made the biggest impact on your career and why?
Alex Beevers because he has helped me the most in my leadership skills.
- What would be your advice to someone who wants to work in your position at Sutherland?
Be willing to help everyone all the time.
- What makes Sutherland stand out from your previous employer(s)?
The people here at Sutherland have been the best people to work with from top to bottom.
- What do you love most about your role at Sutherland?
I get to see all the property and come in contact with a wide range of people.
- Which country that Sutherland operates in would you most like to visit and why?
I would like to visit Jamaica.
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received at work or in life?
Integrity is the thing you do when no one is watching.
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
I see myself as a Facilities Manager.
- What do you do outside of work?
Outside of work, I spend time with family, play softball, and travel.
- What three words best describe you?
The three words that best describe me are integrity, strength, and discipline.
- What are your favorite snacks or food to bring to work?
Sandwiches are my favorite food to bring to work.
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
My superpower would be control of metal.
Meet our Author!
By Amber Kukiela| Amber is the Candidate Experience Specialist for Sutherland. She has a diverse background in marketing and has worked with Welch Allyn Inc. and the New York Family Business Center. She is a recent graduate of Le Moyne College where she majored in Business Marketing and minored in Philosophy and Art Administration. During her time at Le Moyne, she was a sprinter and high jumper for the NCAA track and field team. Since then, she has been running in 5k races around the Central NY area. When not running, she dabbles in photography, painting, and illustrating. She also enjoys baking and cooking and uses her coworkers as taste testers.