- How and when did you come to Sutherland?
I was studying at the University of the West Indies and wanted to increase the professional aspect of my life. Sutherland was on campus and I thought to myself, why not? I then started in May 2014.
- So far in your career at Sutherland, what are your top three most important accomplishments?
My top three most important accomplishments are getting a promotion, being recognized by senior management, and being recognized for a Platinum Award twice.
- Who at Sutherland has made the biggest impact on your career and why?
When I was a Consultant, I had a Team Manager by the name of Leshawn McLeod. She has contributed to the person I am now. I was an introvert (reserved and quiet), however, I was an excellent agent. She always pushed me to provide the team with best practices and by doing so, it made me more vocal, confident and creative.
- What would be your advice to someone who wants to work in your position at Sutherland?
Practice time management as this is key to my role. Working by a schedule to keep things on track will be an asset.
- What makes Sutherland stand out from your previous employer(s)?
My previous employer was not big on employee engagement. Sutherland is the opposite and I have a deep appreciation for that. With Sutherland’s employee engagement, we can enjoy contests, awards and recognitions.
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received at work or in life?
When someone says you can’t, take the “I can’t” as motivation for “I can and I will!”