- How and when did you come to Sutherland?
The local bakery that I was working at downsized. I really needed a job that was steady, and that I felt I could make my career. I was really tired of starting over. So I placed an application, and here I am almost 4 years later.
- What gets you up in the morning? No, not your dog or alarm….but what really drives you to get up and give your best each day?
What drives me is knowing that the most important part of my position is enabling people to change their lives. I develop new talent, help people of different backgrounds become more professional, and watch people start with the company and grow.
- So far in your career at Sutherland, what are your top three most important accomplishments?
My three most important accomplishments are launching a new program, becoming a Team Manager, and watching an agent of mine move from the bottom 25%, to a top performer in 3 months of coaching.
- Who at Sutherland has made the biggest impact on your career and why?
Anthony Giancursio and Mark Reynolds have made the biggest impact on my career. Tony because he was my first Senior Training Manager who provided me guidance on how to lead a team. He helped me figure out how to engage my team and make them want to come to work. Mark because he taught me so much about our business and how to look at all the stakeholders within the company. These two leaders made me the Team Manager I am today.
- Which country that Sutherland operates in would you most like to visit and why?
I want to visit England. I have always wanted to see the United Kingdom.
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received at work or in life?
Sing like nobody is listening, love like you have never been hurt, and dance like nobody is watching.
- What do you do outside of work?
I have two miniature pinchers, so I spend a lot of time with them and my husband. I love watching superhero shows and movies.
- What three words best describe you?
Intelligent, humorous, and eccentric best describe me.
- What are your favorite snacks or food to bring to work?
I like to bring coffee – hot or iced – with a side of coffee.
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
It would be telepathy.
Meet our Author!
By Amber Kukiela| Amber is the Candidate Experience Specialist for Sutherland. She has a diverse background in marketing and has worked with Welch Allyn Inc. and the New York Family Business Center. She is a recent graduate of Le Moyne College where she majored in Business Marketing and minored in Philosophy and Art Administration. During her time at Le Moyne, she was a sprinter and high jumper for the NCAA track and field team. Since then, she has been running in 5k races around the Central NY area. When not running, she dabbles in photography, painting, and illustrating. She also enjoys baking and cooking and uses her coworkers as taste testers.