- How and when did you come to Sutherland?
I started with Sutherland in Rochester on December 12, 2014.
- What gets you up in the morning? No, not your dog or alarm….but what really drives you to get up and give your best each day?
My family is my driving force every day.
- Tell us something about Sutherland or your role specifically that others may not know.
In my role, I can assist customers with multiple issues, from troubleshooting issues, to reviewing their billing, and making sure they have the best plan to fit their personal needs.
- So far in your career at Sutherland, what are your top three most important accomplishments?
My top accomplishments are being awarded the 2015 Certificate of Excellence, winning a Platinum Award in March, and working as an ambassador with the trainers for nesting.
- Who at Sutherland has made the biggest impact on your career and why?
My Team Manager, Ashley Nichols, has made the biggest impact on my career by encouraging me to continue to strive to be the best I can be.
- What would be your advice to someone who wants to work in your position at Sutherland?
Remember that when a customer calls in upset and frustrated, they are not upset and frustrated at you. Empathize with them and look at what you can do to help them.
- What makes Sutherland stand out from your previous employer(s)?
Being able to work from home makes Sutherland stand out from previous employers.
- Which country that Sutherland operates in would you most like to visit and why?
I would love to visit Jamaica. I love warm sunny places.
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received at work or in life?
The best advice I’ve received is to be all you can be.
- What are you looking forward to the most in 2017?
I’m looking forward to spending more time with my new granddaughter and watching her grow.
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
I would love to see myself in a Floor Support role or even as a Team Manager.
- What do you do outside of work?
I love NASCAR and spending time with family and friends.
- What three words best describe you?
The three words that best describe me are trustworthy, resourceful, and motivated.
- What are your favorite snacks or food to bring to work?
Warm soft pretzels are my favorite snacks.
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
If I could have one superpower, it would be to be invisible.
Meet our Author!
By Amber Kukiela| Amber is the Candidate Experience Specialist for Sutherland. She has a diverse background in marketing and has worked with Welch Allyn Inc. and the New York Family Business Center. She is a recent graduate of Le Moyne College where she majored in Business Marketing and minored in Philosophy and Art Administration. During her time at Le Moyne, she was a sprinter and high jumper for the NCAA track and field team. Since then, she has been running in 5k races around the Central NY area. When not running, she dabbles in photography, painting, and illustrating. She also enjoys baking and cooking and uses her coworkers as taste testers.