- How and when did you come to Sutherland?
I came to Sutherland right after collage. It started as a job that I needed to pay bills. I started as a Consultant and now I’m a Training Manager. To me Sutherland is not just a job anymore, it’s my career.
- What gets you up in the morning? No, not your dog or alarm….but what really drives you to get up and give your best each day?
It is so rewarding to inspire others to be the best they can be. All the training tactics I have learned I can apply to my personal life as well. I love my job! Most of all, I love being a role model to others.
- So far in your career at Sutherland, what are your top three most important accomplishments?
My top three most important accomplishments are being promoted to Team Manager in 2008, moving into the CLS department in 2011, and promoted to Training Manager in 2013. Also, becoming a certified Master Trainer, which I accomplished in Feb 2016.
- What would be your advice to someone who wants to work in your position at Sutherland?
Never give up and always put your best foot forward! At times, training or managing training can be stressful, but at the end of the day you are impacting people’s lives for the better and it is such a rewarding feeling.
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
In five years, I see myself as a Director of Training.
- What do you do outside of work?
Outside of work, I crochet, make handmade jewelry, and spend time with my family.
- What three words best describe you?
The three words that best describe me are outgoing, inspiring, and cheerful!
- What are your favorite snacks or food to bring to work?
My favorite is coffee. I run on coffee.
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
If I could have one superpower, it would be mind control so I can stop evil in this world and change the way people think to a more positive, productive mindset.
Meet our Author!
By Amber Kukiela| Amber is the Candidate Experience Specialist for Sutherland. She has a diverse background in marketing and has worked with Welch Allyn Inc. and the New York Family Business Center. She is a recent graduate of Le Moyne College where she majored in Business Marketing and minored in Philosophy and Art Administration. During her time at Le Moyne, she was a sprinter and high jumper for the NCAA track and field team. Since then, she has been running in 5k races around the Central NY area. When not running, she dabbles in photography, painting, and illustrating. She also enjoys baking and cooking and uses her coworkers as taste testers.