- How and when did you come to Sutherland?
I came to Sutherland in 2011 to get a better paying job to support my son.
- What gets you up in the morning? No, not your dog or alarm….but what really drives you to get up and give your best each day?
Each day, I wake up determined to try to achieve something I was not able to achieve the day prior, whether that is something small like finishing one more item on my to-do list, or something larger like completing an operations deck.
- Tell us something about Sutherland or your role specifically that others may not know.
People think that being a manager is simply managing the team assigned to them. There is so much more to it than that. There are many side tasks that a manager takes on, like solving problems, driving KPIs, and deep diving into reporting for accuracy. All of these tasks accompany your daily duties of being there for all the team managers and their agents. The result always makes everything worth the work.
- So far in your career at Sutherland, what are your top three most important accomplishments?
My top three accomplishments while at Sutherland have been extremely meaningful. First and foremost, I was able to move from a phone agent to a Senior Team Manager within five years. Second, I was able to take part in launching a brand new work-at-home program with a unique client, and see the launch into success. Third, I was able to work with my program to lower an important KPI to within five seconds of the client benchmark using a Six Sigma approach.
- What would be your advice to someone who wants to work in your position at Sutherland?
Be extremely open-minded. Each day brings many new successes as well as challenges, and keeping an open mind allows you to go with the flow of each day while not losing sight of your goals.
- What makes Sutherland stand out from your previous employer(s)?
Sutherland is the most caring company I have worked for. The team I work with has always been extremely understanding about personal obligations and situations, while always pushing me to move to the next level and achieve new milestones.
- What do you do outside of work?
Outside of work, I volunteer as an EMT, spend time with my family, and my Great Dane puppy.
- What three words best describe you?
The three words that best describe me are caring, motivating, and understanding.
- What are your favorite snacks or food to bring to work?
Since I work from home, all of my favorite snacks are with me. I like eating baked chips and fruit throughout the day.
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
I would be able to duplicate myself so I could get more things done in one day!
Meet our Author!
By Amber Kukiela| Amber is the Candidate Experience Specialist for Sutherland. She has a diverse background in marketing and has worked with Welch Allyn Inc. and the New York Family Business Center. She is a recent graduate of Le Moyne College where she majored in Business Marketing and minored in Philosophy and Art Administration. During her time at Le Moyne, she was a sprinter and high jumper for the NCAA track and field team. Since then, she has been running in 5k races around the Central NY area. When not running, she dabbles in photography, painting, and illustrating. She also enjoys baking and cooking and uses her coworkers as taste testers.