- How and when did you come to Sutherland?
One of my friends referred me to Sutherland. I have been at Sutherland for 3 years as of November 11th.
- What gets you up in the morning? No, not your dog or alarm….but what really drives you to get up and give your best each day?
The thing that drives me in the morning is knowing that I get to come to work every day and deal with many different types of personalities.
- Tell us something about Sutherland or your role specifically that others may not know.
Honestly, this question can be answered in many ways. Personally, I feel like most people that know me, know me well enough to see that I am a great teammate. Overall, I am just a normal employee here, and want everyone to make the best out of what is offered to them.
- So far in your career at Sutherland, what are your top three most important accomplishments?
The first thing is being asked to take on a Team Lead position in July of 2014 after being here for only eight months. The second thing would be traveling to Houston and helping launch a program down there. The third accomplishment that I received is being certified for LEAP.
- Who at Sutherland has made the biggest impact on your career and why?
Rob LeBron made the biggest impact on my career because he has been there guiding me every step of the way. Also, he is the one who allowed me to become a Team Lead and share all of his knowledge, so I would be able to grow professionally.
- What would be your advice to someone who wants to work in your position at Sutherland?
My advice to someone who wants to work in my position at Sutherland is to stay consistent. Being consistent is the main key because you are always going to have someone watching you, and you need to make sure you are doing the right thing. Also, being a leader is a role that everyone looks up to and if you are doing something wrong then they will follow.
- What makes Sutherland stand out from your previous employer(s)?
Working at Sutherland, there are many different opportunities for advancement.
- Which country that Sutherland operates in would you most like to visit and why?
Any country that Sutherland operates in would be a great opportunity to visit.
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received at work or in life?
The best advice that I have received at work or in life is to stay focused. A lot of the time, people come in and allow other things to catch their attention, and it doesn’t allow them to succeed.
- What are you looking forward to the most in 2017?
I am looking forward to succeeding in my new department and advancing once again.
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
I see myself in a higher management position in the next five years, finished with school, and owning my own home with a family.
- What do you do outside of work?
I don’t do too much outside of work. I’m a pretty laid back type of person. I hang out with my friends and see my family as much as I can, and I like to go to the cemetery and visit my brothers.
- What three words best describe you?
The three words that best describe me are energetic, driven, and quick learner.
- What are your favorite snacks or food to bring to work?
I usually bring healthy foods to work with me, but other days I like to snack on chips and chocolate.
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
If I could have one superpower, I would want it to be time travel to the past. There are things in my past and people in my past that I wish I could spend time with still but am unable to.
Meet our Author!
By Amber Kukiela| Amber is the Candidate Experience Specialist for Sutherland. She has a diverse background in marketing and has worked with Welch Allyn Inc. and the New York Family Business Center. She is a recent graduate of Le Moyne College where she majored in Business Marketing and minored in Philosophy and Art Administration. During her time at Le Moyne, she was a sprinter and high jumper for the NCAA track and field team. Since then, she has been running in 5k races around the Central NY area. When not running, she dabbles in photography, painting, and illustrating. She also enjoys baking and cooking and uses her coworkers as taste testers.