- How and when did you come to Sutherland?
I started at Sutherland in June 2016. A friend told me about Sutherland and I was between jobs.
- What gets you up in the morning? No, not your dog or alarm….but what really drives you to get up and give your best each day?
My internal clock is what seriously gets me up in the morning. I am and always have been an early riser.
- Tell us something about Sutherland or your role specifically that others may not know.
I am a Team Coach so I get to interact with many people. It is very enjoyable because the best part of working at Sutherland is the people.
- So far in your career at Sutherland, what are your top three most important accomplishments?
My most important accomplishments are being promoted to Team Coach and winning Platinum Awards.
- Who at Sutherland has made the biggest impact on your career and why?
Justin Greer has made the biggest impact on my career. He was my coach at the beginning and he drove me to apply.
- What would be your advice to someone who wants to work in your position at Sutherland?
Be a good employee. Show management you are driven by the way you work. Be noticed by what you do.
- What makes Sutherland stand out from your previous employer(s)?
Sutherland is focused on people and our community. The work Sutherland does for our community makes me proud to work here.
- What do you love most about your role at Sutherland?
The people I work with are what I love most about Sutherland.
- Which country that Sutherland operates in would you most like to visit and why?
I would definitely like to visit India. I am half Indian and I have never been to India.
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received at work or in life?
Always do the best you can at whatever you do.
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
In five years, I see myself hopefully as a Manager.
- What do you do outside of work?
I am an artist. I paint and draw but just for fun. I just became a grandma for the first time, so cuddling with my granddaughter I do a lot. I also love to shop.
- What three words best describe you?
The three words that best describe me are fun loving, passionate and extroverted.
- What are your favorite snacks or food to bring to work?
My favorite snacks to bring to work are Kind Bars and fresh fruit.
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
If I could have one superpower, it would be invisibility. That would be fun.
Meet our Author!
By Amber Kukiela| Amber is the Candidate Experience Specialist for Sutherland. She has a diverse background in marketing and has worked with Welch Allyn Inc. and the New York Family Business Center. She is a recent graduate of Le Moyne College where she majored in Business Marketing and minored in Philosophy and Art Administration. During her time at Le Moyne, she was a sprinter and high jumper for the NCAA track and field team. Since then, she has been running in 5k races around the Central NY area. When not running, she dabbles in photography, painting, and illustrating. She also enjoys baking and cooking and uses her coworkers as taste testers.