1. How and when did you come to Sutherland?
I joined Sutherland at the end of April 2016.
2. What gets you up in the morning? No, not your dog or alarm….but what really drives you to get up and give your best each day?
A personal desire to be a useful and valuable asset to the company, and fulfill my role to the fullest of my potential. Whatever comes with that philosophy is deserving of itself.
3. Tell us something about Sutherland or your role specifically that others may not know.
As well as answering questions, I check escalations, view pending cases to be closed, and if you’ve ever seen any infographics flying around, I made them.
4. So far in your career at Sutherland, what are your top three most important accomplishments?
Being nominated for and winning a Platinum Award is the top of my achievements here. My next one is the infographics I make being actively used and hearing positive reactions to them. That is very fulfilling. The last one would be feeling appreciated, being noticed for how reliable I am, and being offered opportunities.
5. Who at Sutherland has made the biggest impact on your career and why?
Jessica Hankins and Andrea Ladnovs have both been fantastic at nurturing my advancement, tolerating my endless queries, engaging in brilliant communication, and taking on board my concerns or comments.
6. What would be your advice to someone who wants to work in your position at Sutherland?
Be the best at what you do. Sutherland is paying attention and knows when you’re doing well. Having a positive attitude helps as well, especially for the more stressful days.
7. What makes Sutherland stand out from your previous employer(s)?
A defined hierarchy in the company structure, and the interesting dynamic of working from home and communicating with my colleagues in this position.
8. Which country that Sutherland operates in would you most like to visit and why?
I’m British, so I’d love to see how Sutherland operates in my home country of the UK.
9. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received at work or in life?
Sounds cheesy but this one resonates with me: never forget family. ‘Family’ not only means blood relations, but those who you consider as close as family.
10. What are you looking forward to the most in 2017?
Seeing my family and friends again.
11. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I see myself in a senior or leading position in a company.
12. What do you do outside of work?
Where do I begin? I’m an avid gamer, loving Overwatch right now but huge MGS fan. I’m a Liverpool Football Club fan, so I watch as many games as I can (you may know it as soccer in the States). I enjoy photography, 3D modeling and simulations, photo editing, and Photoshop work.
13. What three words best describe you?
The three words that best describe me are honest, dependable, and ambitious.
14. What are your favorite snacks or food to bring to work?
My favorite snack is probably a nice, hot cup of tea.
15. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
I would have the ability to freeze time.
Meet our Author!
By Amber Kukiela| Amber is the Candidate Experience Specialist for Sutherland. She has a diverse background in marketing and has worked with Welch Allyn Inc. and the New York Family Business Center. She is a recent graduate of Le Moyne College where she majored in Business Marketing and minored in Philosophy and Art Administration. During her time at Le Moyne, she was a sprinter and high jumper for the NCAA track and field team. Since then, she has been running in 5k races around the Central NY area. When not running, she dabbles in photography, painting, and illustrating. She also enjoys baking and cooking and uses her coworkers as taste testers.