It’s a tall order to expect to have an amazing day at work EVERY day. There are days when you’re feeling dull due to a lack of adequate sleep and there are days when your energy levels are so high you can’t contain yourself- I am guilty of both! There are also days when you feel as if you are being consumed by all the things you need to get done in such a seemingly small frame of time. You are NOT ALONE. However, a lack of sleep and an extensive list of things to do is NOT an excuse for a bad attitude and inefficient performance! You’ve got to stay on top of your A-game, and perform your best! Here are a few tips and tricks on how to end the work day with a smile.
- Manifest positive thoughts– Nothing ruins your day faster than a negative spirit. Unfortunately, negativity is omnipresent and presents itself in many forms. Whether it be a pessimistic coworker or an upsetting phone call, it’s something we are working to avoid daily. Try your hardest to maintain a positive mindset and see the good in everything. You are in charge of how you feel…choose happiness!
- Tie your personal goals with work goals– I’m going to be honest here- there are days when I feel like I’ve lost my way and I’m not quite sure of where I’m headed. Whenever feelings of this nature arise, just pause and think about why you’re here. Think about your personal goals and how being at work can help you achieve them. Think about that new car you’ve been dreaming of even a nicer house for your family! Whatever keeps you going- focus on it!
- Prioritize your tasks– One of the most frequent complaints in the work place is that there is so much to do and not enough time. Group all tasks in their order of priority. Start working on the ones that are most urgent and work your way down. Trust me, you will be amazed at how efficient you’ll be able to work.
- Work with a time– I am aware that there are days when you are assigned tasks that you have never attempted before. That’s great! These activities are the ones that help you grow and discover skills you never knew you had. On the other hand, there are things that you have do each day and finding balance between the constant and new responsibilities can be challenging. Get ahead of the day by creating a simple schedule, including all the things you need to do and ensuring that you have allotted an adequate amount of time for each task. Schedules = success!
- Celebrate your achievements- Yes! YOU DID IT! Congrats! Not only did you make it to the end of this blog post, but you’ve also accomplished, if not all, most of what you set out to do today. It might not seem like anything worthy of celebrating- but it really is an accomplishment! Pat yourself on the back and consider yourself a success. You made it through the day with a smile, hooray!
Do these tricks really work? Yes! Should you try them? Without a doubt. Give these tips a try and unleash the super star within!